Wednesday 23 October 2013

The Ferrari California Brings an Old School Vibe to Exotic Car Rentals Miami

I don’t want to say I’m a snob when it comes to driving, but if I need to rent a car, I’m not going to be bothered with something that looks like I should be going to the grocery store or dropping my kids off at a soccer game. I’m going to look for exotic car rentals. Miami is where I go for most of my business trips and I have gotten used to finding the rare and the exquisite to rent when I am there. Recently I was lucky enough to discover what could best be described as the heir apparent to the car of my dreams: the Ferrari California.


 At first I almost thought that it wasn't a Ferrari and that someone was trying to pull a fast one on me. The lines on it seemed all wrong. Whereas most of the modern Ferrari's available for rent, like the 458s, have a cockpit area that is set more forward, the Ferrari California seemed like it was too far back in the body. That’s when it hit me. This new design (released to critical acclaim only five years ago at the 2008 Paris Motor Show) was built as homage to the legendary GT250…the same car I had a poster of on my wall growing up. Usually I rent something different each time I’m in town, but I think I found a keeper this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment